Effective Date: February 1, 2018
TruSense LLC (“TruSense”, “Company,” “We,” or “Us”) is committed to protecting your privacy through compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit http://www.mytrusense.com (the “site”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy applies to information we collect: on this site and in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us relating to your use of this site.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this site or on or through any of its features/register on the site, make any purchases through the site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our site, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, mailing address, billing address, email address, username and password, phone number, fax number, and tax ID number.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our site, and details regarding your use of our site.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us or automatically as you navigate through the site.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our site may include:
- Information that you provide by registering for our site, including order history, shipping account numbers, and tax ID numbers.
- Information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, fill out a survey, and when you report a problem with our site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence if you contact us through email.
- Your search queries on the site.
- Any other information that you permit a social media platform to share with our site.
Information We Collect Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with our site, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our site, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your browser type, mobile device ID, and IP address.
This information we collect automatically is statistical data, and does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our site.
- Understand which parts of the site to optimize based on user traffic.
- Provide targeted advertising or relevant content.
- Provide only news and information relevant to usage data.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to assess the popularity of certain website content, and verify system and server integrity, among other things.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our site.
- To process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may opt out by sending as an email at email@example.com.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of TruSense’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by TruSense about our site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of TruSense, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California Privacy Rights
We do not disclosure your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We also do not respond to Do Not Track browser signals.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the site like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the site. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the site.
This site is operated by TruSense, 5481 Creek Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions about this policy.